For years I have wanted to purchase two spiral topiary trees to put in the pots flanking our front steps. But, alas, I couldn't bring myself to pay over one hundred dollars per tree. This year I thought to myself, "I know Dwarf Alberta Spruce's are used to make them and I also know just a plain tree is far less expensive than the ones sculpted into a topiary. Why can't I make one myself?"
So with my brilliant plan in motion I researched how to prune a spiral topiary on the Internet, headed to the store and purchased 2 dwarf Alberta spruce tree's(for $25 dollars each), returned home, and channeled my inner Edward Scissor Hands.
I was very nervous but what else could I do except jump right in and start snipping away? Below is the process of my work:
So with my brilliant plan in motion I researched how to prune a spiral topiary on the Internet, headed to the store and purchased 2 dwarf Alberta spruce tree's(for $25 dollars each), returned home, and channeled my inner Edward Scissor Hands.
I was very nervous but what else could I do except jump right in and start snipping away? Below is the process of my work:
The tree before it had encountered my clippers
Marking off the tree with ribbon to ensure that I would have and even spiral
Ta Da! Behold my spiral topiary!! I did it! And I did it for half the price it would have cost to purchase one. Next I shall sculpt a shrub into a bust of Abraham Lincoln :)
11 comments:
That is cool. I love trying stuff like that. It looks great.
They look really good! You are much more daring than I am. Your yard is looking so good, and putting mine to shame!
Jamie
Great job. You are amazingly creative. Thanks for the pictures of your accomplishment.
You are so creative! amazing word Edward!!
That's really good. I think you are talented. I'm pretty sure that my shrub would not have such a lovely spiral shape if I ever attempted it. :)
As usual, I am impressed with your many talents!
dude, you totally ROCK!!!!
You are a genius and also very clever. Kathy always raves about your abilities.
They look AWESOME! Every crafty thing you do turns out great. I wish I had just a little of your talent.
That's awesome!!! Can I hire you??
Wow that is awesome. Great job, now come do mine! ha ha
Post a Comment