I have been couponing for almost a year now and lately many of you have asked about it. So I thought I would do what my sis in law does and post a picture of my spoils after a shopping trip.
This particular trip I purchased :
- 2 six pack doubles rolls of toilet paper
- 8 Oscar Myer lunchables
- 6 bags of jet puff marshmallows
- 3 large boxes of Jell-O
- 2 Hidden Valley Ranch Mix Packets
- 2 bags Kraft shredded cheese
- 2 bottles balsamic vinegar
- 2 bottles kraft salad dressing
- 1 box Ritz Crackers
- 1 box wheat thins
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce
- 3 boxes kraft mac n' cheese
- 2 boxes kraft pasta salad
- 1 canister crystal light drink mix
For the grand total of $20.63. Part of my method is that I don't shop at just one store. This purchase happens to be from Albertson's but I never buy anything else from there except the sale items for which I have coupons. This afternoon I'm heading up to Smith's to get milk, eggs, and cereal for a dollar a box. I never pay more than a dollar per box for cereal and I typically have 30 boxes of cereal in food storage. I spend about $120 per week on groceries (a little bit more on the weeks when diapers are needed) and that covers everything-snacks, personal care, food storage, basics- everything.
In the past my sister in-law and I have taught a class on couponing that covers everything from tricks of the trade, methods of organizing coupons, store policies, to Beer rebates (yes I said beer rebates) We also frequent http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/. It is a free site that pretty much takes the guess work out of couponing and makes my life a whole lot easier. If there are enough of you still interested in couponing let me know and I would be happy to give an informal how to at my house.
5 comments:
Where is the cereal for $1???
I'd come to an informal hoe-to at your house. As long as it is informal, I don't want to dress up. Do any stores here do double coupon days?
please help me
I just ordered my newspapers (finally)!! I'll be calling with questions, I'm sure!!
Hey there. I used to know Robby a long time ago. Don't know if he remembers me or not...
I found your blog through some mutual friends, and I am totally interested in all your info about couponing. I'd love to get some info from people who do this for real. I know you posted this a while back, but if you're still going to do it, please let me come. You can find me at heatherweb@gmail.com. Thanks!
Post a Comment