Last night there was a little bit of drama at our house. Robby had Tate on the dressing table getting him changed for bed. Once he was dressed Tate popped up to give Rob a hug and jump into his arms. The energy Tate exuded while performing this action resulted in him inadvertently slamming his head into Robby's chin. Out of shear reaction Robby grabbed his face in pain. Rob's preoccupation with his chin meant that suddenly the arms Tate was jumping into were gone. As a result Tate was headed for the floor. He landed on his feet, but on the balls of his feet. This caused him to immediately fall forward. I guess his body/brain didn't have time to react because he didn't brace for the fall with his hands he braced himself with his face. When his face hit the carpet it push his nose up and back as far as it would go. He rose to his feet crying as blood started pouring from his nostrils. Rob originally thought that he had broken his nose but thought again when he discovered that the section of tissue that separates Tate's nostrils and attaches them to the tip of his nose had been peeled back and ripped straight across.
All this excitement happened while I was out shopping for Youth Conference supplies. When I got home Rob and Tate headed off to the emergency room. It was all pretty traumatic. They had to strap him down and give him shots because topical numbing won't work on the nose. If you know Tate, you also know that he wasn't to keen on being strapped down. He returned home with two stitches in his nose, a sticker that reads: "I got stitches today", a blood blister/bruise that sits like a saddle on the bridge of his nose, and a wooden truck the E.R. gave him that is stamped "Made in The Happy Factory". I really hope he doesn't use his face again to break his fall anytime soon. -Christy-
Poor sick girl
10 years ago
5 comments:
Oh my GOSH!! Poor Tate...poor Rob!!
Your boys are getting so big. I remember when you brought them into Kinkos the day after they were born. Wow. And that looks like a nasty accident. Yeesh!
That is awful. So my email is justjamieb@yahoo.com Write so we can catch up and so I can get your email!!
owie, owie, owie that looks like it hurts so badly. He seems like he's being really tough.
That makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it! Poor guy!...Robby is he already taking after you in the accident department?(;
Post a Comment