I used to make wedding cakes as a little side buissness and after you read this post you'll discover why I decided to retire for a while......
Tuesday was a BBQ with Robby's friends and I was also taking dinner to the girl I visit teach. Wednesday evening I was leaving for girls camp after my sis in-laws (Chelsi) 30th birthday party(for which I was making a 3 tier cake). This meant I had to multi task effectively between Monday and Wednesday to, 1)get ready for girls camp and 2) make a fabulous cake for Chelsi's party. (I was really excited to make a cake for Chelsi because I knew I could make it fun and she would totally appreciated it)
Monday: I made fondant, flowers, and bows for the B'day cake.
made eclair cake to take to the BBQ
created and printed all the banner, tent sign etc for camp
went shopping for my Secret Sis for camp
Tuesday: In the morning, I preppared the meal for the girl I V.T.
I also began baking the tiers of the cake
In the afternoon I frosted each tier
Baked the dinner I had preparred earlier
Put finishing touches on the cake tiers
Victory! Now it was time to take a shower so that I could be ready for the BBQ. I sent Robby to deliver dinner, I carefully put the finished cakes in Rob's office and closed the child safety gate behind me so that (I thought) the cakes would be safe while I jumped into the shower.
I took a light speed shower and was promptly greeted by Tate as I exited the bathroom. I noticed he had something all over his shirt that resembled chocolate. He looked up at me and very calmly said: "Mama, Ayden eat Chessie's cake." I immediately raced down stairs and looked into Robby's office. They (Ayden and Tate) had completely destroyed the cake! I yelled so loud that I'm surprised the window's of my house didn't shatter. Porter's response to the whole event was, "Sorry, I guess I forgot to tell you that they were eating your cake" I locked myself in my room until Robby returned from his dinner delivery so that I wouldn't hurt my children :) After several tears (both from me and the kids) Rob and I created a POA (plan of attack) We would go to the BBQ then go to the store and buy everything we needed to remake the cake.
So, Tuesday night Rob and I stayed up late and remade cakes, fondant and refrosted them. Wednesday I worked all day on finishing it up. I then, promptly put the cake atop the highest flat surface in my house to insure its safety. I am happy to say that at 6:30 pm we arrive with cake #2 safely at the Birtday party and my children were able to accompany us alive and well. -Christy
Cake #1 after the twins had destroyed it.
8 comments:
So, I already turned 30--wanna make the cake for my 40th birthday? Adorable! You are so talented. I can't believe you made it twice. I think I would still be in my room. (:
You are amazing! Let me say that again you are AMAZING!! I had no idea that you had that talent. Wow when can I hire you to make me a cake? I will watch the boys for you. Good job not killing them as well that would have taken me more talent then the cake!
WOW... I have to add to the WOW part of everyones comments. That is an awesome talent! My birthday Sept 10th!!! Hehe
Very Very cute!!
Wow I seriously can't believe all of your kids are still alive! The cake turned out so great though. You do an amazing job! It was fun seeing you guy at Chelsi's party.
That is amazing! I didn't hear your yells!!! I can't belive how talented you are. Thank you for the yummy and beautiful cupcakes for my birthday and the candle is amazing, I've almost burned it all1 Hope you are having fun on vacation, I'll try not to kill you flowers!
Jamie
That is a RAD story! The cake looks cool too! I am constantly amazed at how my wife is able to juggle so much during the day while i am at work. Rob, we married freakin wonder-women! Good job! (c;
I, Chelsi was so grateful for my beautiful cake!! !'m sad you had to make it twice (I've had that happen with Coleman & a Care Bear cake, it must run in the Crockett genes!) Again it was awesome And I even took the top homw just to admire it for a couple days before I threw it away!!
Wow that is beautiful... And I have to say, is hilarious all in the same breath! (Hence why I dont do my craft business anymore...Funny story I will have to tell you sometime) I too locked myself in the closet as to not kill my children. (see all still here) WOW I cant believe you can make such beautiful cakes. You are a very talented young lady indeed!!!
Post a Comment