Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Year of the OX

Once upon a time when Rob and I were just singles ward acquaintances I invited him to a Chinese New Year party my friend Tran and I were throwing. Okay I'll just say it I thought he was cute and funny and I wanted a chance to strut my stuff (back then I used to have stuff) and see if he was interested. Well, let just say that the evening went really well and the rest is history.

Ever since then we always make a point to celebrate Chinese New Year. A week and a half ago we celebrated with Orange Chicken, Egg Rolls (for good luck), and fortune cookies (cause they are just fun). After dinner the kids had fun playing with their Chinese Yo-Yo's.

Happy Year of the Ox Everybody!



6 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

That's a cool tradition to celebrate, full of meaning since you met while celebrating it.

Tran said...

I think I have pics from that night. I will have to look through the many boxes in my garage and find it for you. It was a fun night. Oh, I love the Wicked sountrack you have on your blog. I am going to see it in April and can't wait.

Candy said...

That is so much fun. We like to celebrate Chinese new year too. There is no particular reason why, just for fun. lol.. WE like to celebrate all sorts of fun holidays. Silly huh? Love your blog Christy!!

JoAnn said...

Christy, I love it! I am so glad you posted these pictures! Where ever did you get your dragon? It is so great.

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!

Megan and Charlie Miller said...

It looks like you guys have so much fun!!