A wise comedian once said, "They should make an alarm clock that wakes you up with the sound of a vomiting child. Nothing can get you to pop right out of bed quit like the sound of a kid vomiting" (or multiple kids vomiting)
At approximately 1 a.m. mountain time Pukefest arrived at our house. Poor Ayden was a mess! I usually consider myself to have an iron stomach (unless I'm pregnant) but last night was the first time I think I have ever genuinely dry heaved. I have never smelled vomit like that in my whole entire life! A pair of clean P.J's, a towel bed on the floor (complete with matching bowl), and two loads of laundry later everything was settled down. Rob and I took a deep breath and went back to bed.
Luke had been fussy so we had put him in bed with us a couple of hours earlier. No sooner had the lights been turned out and our heads hit the pillow when......Blah, blup, blup, uolaahg. Little Lukey went pukey all over the middle of our bed and then face planted in it. So, we started all over again. More laundry, P.J.'s, towels etc. And, how do you teach a 10 month old baby to throw up in one spot? It was a rough night!
Tate completed his stomach flu experience 2 days ago so he is out of the woods. However, Rob, Porter, and I are holding our breath and waiting. Will we be next? Dun, dun, dunnnn!
So prepare yourselves. The stomach flu has arrived! YUCK!!!!!!
Poor sick girl
10 years ago
10 comments:
Oh! I'm soo sorry for you. The stomach flu with little kids is the very worst in my opinion. I hope everybody is well soon!
Gross! I HATE puke!!! I can't beleive you never dry heave!! I dry heave EVERYTIME someone pukes!!!! I hope you all feel better soon!
Almost my entire family had the stomach flu two weeks ago. By the time it was all said and done 13 adults and 4 kids got sick. It was seriously so nasty! I totally feel your pain. Hope your family feels better soon. What day was Luke born? Braxton was born December 2nd.
Trinity threw up every day, that was part of her many health problems. So we had the barf bucket and she got pretty good at holding her barf long enough to go into her bucket. So I sympathize with this experience! Barf causes a lot of work...times that by a lot of kids, my goodness! GET BETTER!!!
So the question is, was it worth getting it over all at once, or would it of been nicer to do one at a time? I'd vote all at once. Either way, it's disgusting.
Yuk! That's the worst when the kids are sick, hopefully you won't get it, there's no day off for us!
Jamie
I call it the "Winter of Puke!" I hold that winter in deep regard and hope to never experience it again. All of us, including 1 year twins, got the stomach flu 3 times. Aaahh, such fond memories! PS Congrats on reaching age 3 with the twins. Mine just turned 4 - and - they potty trained themselves! Sometimes sibling rivalry is great!
Oh Christy! I am so sorry. I hope you don't get it and if you do you get over it soon. Love ya
it's like the EXORCIST!!! hahahah! i'm glad we heard the story from you two first hand! Any more throwing up lately??
I meant to comment but I was sick myself!! I hope it was fast and no one else got sick!!
Post a Comment