When we were in California we took the kids to Disneyland. (It was little Lukey's first time. )
While we were there Porter got to participate in the Jedi training camp they hold on the tomorrowland Terrace. While adorned in Jedi cloaks all the participating kids were schooled in the elements of light saber fighting. Then Darth Vadar arrived to attempt to turn the young padawan's to the dark side; challenging each one of them in a light saber dual.
It was a lot of fun to watch and definitely the high light of Porter's visit. Robby took special care to record the whole thing on our camera. After the training camp was through and Porter had successfully fought and defeated Lord Vadar we headed off to ride the Rockets. To my horror when I turned on our camera (to take picture of the boys on the Rockets) a red screen appeared which read "card reformatting". Nooooooooooooooo!!! It deleted every picture,and video we had taken to that point. The evidence of Porter Jedi training was lost and I fought every urge I had to chuck the camera on the ground a throw a grown up size temper tantrum. Porter was especially disappointed because he hadn't gotten to watch the video yet.
Just to give everyone out there in blogging land (and especially Papa) and idea of Porter's experience I found a video of the exact Jedi camp Porter attended on You Tube. Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI7OgOH31NM have fun watching it and just imagine that one of the kids fighting Darth Vadar is Porter. "Great courage did he show. Strong in the force he was."
Poor sick girl
10 years ago
5 comments:
What a cool experience! I would have been soooooooo MAD for my camera to do that. WHY would it do that? I'm sorry.
Oh! That's so sad. Technology definitely sucks sometimes!
Christy, you have such a beautiful family!
"Your broken camera, how awful to have!"
I'm glad you guys had fun, despite the camera issues...I'm so sorry that happened...
Oh that is so adorable! I am sure Porter was so cute doing that! We have the same annoying camera... I hate mine too sometimes I want to chuck it so Nate will buy me a new one :) But I cant fathom spending that much money on a new one.... Well we are glad you had fun! Take Care!
Post a Comment